ritareads

I'm a reader, hear me roar!

rita, 22. ♥ books.

goodreads.

White Cat (The Curse Workers, #1)
Holly Black
Gone Girl
Gillian Flynn
Fangirl
Rainbow Rowell
The Sea of Monsters  - Rick Riordan I have read the first installment in the series about two years ago and I loved it. I finally wanted to continue this series, so I picked up The Sea of Monsters.I was in a kind of big reading slump this month. But whenever I read a few chapters I enjoyed Percy's adventure. As soon as I put the book down, there seemed to be no urge to pick it up again, although I really enjoyed it.I don't remember much from The Lightning Thief, so I don't think I can make a comparison between Percy then and now. But I think that I will continue with this series this year, so I hope that there will be character development.The adventure and the witty comments and the humor overall that was part of Percy and his friends' conversations was really refreshing and gave a nice touch of modern story-telling in between the myths of Greek Gods and their culture.It seemed to me that the sequel had kind of the same pattern. The story was different, alright. But Percy gets in trouble, something bad happens, he goes off on a quest,..this had quite a few similarities with the first novel, as far as I can recall.I think I'll see as soon as I will continue reading the series, which will be soon, I hope.