ritareads

I'm a reader, hear me roar!

rita, 22. ♥ books.

goodreads.

White Cat (The Curse Workers, #1)
Holly Black
Gone Girl
Gillian Flynn
Fangirl
Rainbow Rowell
Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) - Cynthia Hand I didn't think that I would like Unearthly. I enjoyed reading it overall, but I did not love it.At first I thought that Clara as well as her mom and brother Jeffrey seemed way too perfect. And that on the other hand made them seem just plain fake. I didn't like Clara's and her mother's relationship at all. Yes, it didn't seem to be a love/hate relationship, but there was still that dysfunctional touch.Also, the rest of the characters.Christian, cliché and perfect high school boy.Wendy, the nondescript best friend.Angela, the other best friend, but more feisty.Tucker, the only likable character, but still cliché cowboy.I like character driven novels a lot. But since there was almost no development detectable I thought the plot must be absolutely amazing. But there also wasn't also a lot happening. The last few chapters were full of action, but before that there was just not much plot at hand.This was my first read about angels. I thought that the concept was pretty good, but somehow I think it was too fast-paced. The story jumped from one point to another in less than two sentences. Maybe a slightly slower pacing would have been better. At least for me, that is.Although I didn't like most of the characters, I still found myself wondering about what will happen next.Overall it was a nice and fun read.